10 February 2021
Honey Lacquered Turkey Main Course, Non-Veg
Chef Soundararajan shared this signature recipe on the occasion of the fifth anniversary of Better Kitchen magazine.
- Turkey Breasts With Skin: 1 No
- Soy Sauce Dark: 60 Ml
- Orange Zest, Cut, Strips: 5 Gm
- Orange Juice: 60 Ml
- Brown Sugar: 15 Gm
- Honey: 15 Ml
- Hoisin Sauce: 15 Ml
- Chili Flakes: 2 Gm
- Five Spice Blend: 2 Gm
- Salt: A/N
- White Pepper: 2 Gm
- Cinnamon (Ground): 2 Gm
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the soy sauce, orange zest, orange juice, brown sugar, honey, hoisin sauce, chilli flakes and seasonings. Bring to a simmer and cook until reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Set the glaze aside
- Preheat an oven to 220°c
- Place a sauté pan on a medium flame and season the turkey breast with salt on both sides. When the pan is hot, place the breast skin side down and slightly reduce the heat, until seared.
- Brush the breasts on the skin side with the honey glaze and place in the oven to cook to a perfect and allow the honey to take on a shiny, lacquered finish. Allow to rest for 2 minutes before slicing.
- Romaine lettuce, torn into pieces: 30 Gms
- Tomato, sliced: 40 Gms
- Eggs, hard cooked, sliced: 01 No
- Onions, sliced, rings: 15 Gms
- Bell peppers, sliced: 40 Gms
- Orange, segments: 30 Gms
- Dates, seedless: 04 Nos
- Dressing: honey orange: 30 Ml
- Honey lacquered turkey sliced
- Layer lettuce, tomatoes, onions, bell peppers and eggs in a serving plate.
- Top with sliced honey lacquered turkey and garnish with dates and oranges.
- Just before serving pour the dressing over the salad.
Note: Five spice blend and cinnamon can be altered and you can use your choice of seasonings and spices. You can also interchange dates with cranberry.
By Dr. Soundararajan P.
With 40 years of exemplary services in the gastronomic industry, Soundararajan has set new benchmarks of culinary excellence. He is co-founder of Young Chefs Association of India, Founder General Secretary of Indian Federation of Culinary Associations & Chefs Guild of India, President Mentor of South India Culinary Association, coordinator in the Educational committee of IFCA, etc. He won several accolades and awards for his work and services.