20 January 2021
Vangyache Bharit – Roasted Brinjal Mash Masala
Main Course, Veg
Aubergin (Brinjals): 400 Gm
Onion Chopped: 100 Gm
Tomato Chopped: 50 Gm
Kolhapuri Kanda-Lasun Chuntney: 20 Gm
Dried Red Chili: 20 No.
Oil: 50 Ml
Mustard Seeds: 5 Gm
Cumin Seeds: 5 Gm
Asafetida: 2 Gm
Coriander powder: 2 Gm
Cumin powder: 2 Gm
Salt: To Taste
Coriander leaves chopped: 50 Gm
- Brush oil on Aubergin (brinjals) & roast on Charcoal fire until the skin turns black
- Let them cool down a bit, remove the skin of the roasted brinjals completely and de-seed them as far as possible & chopped nicely
- Mash the deseeded brinjals by hand or slightly mix in the mixer
- Heat oil in kadhai or tawa, add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, red chilies, asafetida,then add finely chopped onions sauté till golden brown. Add tomatoes (optional) and cook them for 1/2 a minute
- Add the (Kolhapuri kanda-lasun chuntney) and sauté for 1/2 a minute on low flame
- Add chopped Brinjal, mix well, by adding salt & coriander leaves.
- Serve Hot with Jowar or Tandalachi Bhakari.
Chef's Tip: Do not add water. It will spoil the dish.
Recipe by Chef Dev Kasalkar, Managing Director of Chefs Kitchen Institute of Culinary Arts & Hotel Management, Kolhapur